Hands On: 1 hour | Difficulty: 1 | Portion: Family
- 300 g granulated sugar
- 300 g margarine
- 120 g orange juice
- 50 g cognac
- 50 g milk
- 2 eggs + I egg for brushing
- grated zest of 2 oranges
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 2 packets vanilla powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 80 g multi-coloured sprinkles
- 1-kilo all-purpose flour, divided in half
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Beat the margarine and sugar for about 10 minutes in a mixer, using the paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and ½ of the flour.
- When all of the ingredients are completely combined, remove the mixer’s bowl and add the rest of the flour in batches. Mix with a spoon at first and then continue by hand.
- You want your dough to be soft and elastic.
- Shape into cookies (any shape you like) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the cookies with some egg wash (an egg diluted with some water).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Calories 118kcal
- Total fat 3.0g
- Saturated fat 0.28g
- Total Carbs 18.5g
- Sugars 6.2g
- Protein 2.1g
- Fibre 0.7g
- Sodium 0.13g